Monday, August 3, 2009

A great way to end a really bad day...

I honestly think that I have the best husband that has ever existed!
Let me explain...
Today was an awful day, full of tribulations like you wouldn't believe. My day began with waking up at 5:45 this morning and unable to fall back into my cozy slumber. I ripped myself out of bed and got ready for a big presentation at school. When I woke Connor up for the morning to my surprise he had wet through his diaper-bath time! (at 6:00 am in a rush!) I got both of us off to school, in a hurry to print some last minute paper work to only find that the lab didn't open for another 15 min. (so much for rushing!) Once I finally got into the lab to print my papers, the printer FROZE! It took over 30 min to print my papers! (off to class with 2 min to spare!) My part of the presentation went off pretty good, unfortunately for me it was a group project (you know the ones where one persons does all the work and everyone else reaps the benefits! (lucky for me only one person slacked, but they slacked really bad))Once my presentation was over I headed off to Costco (I'm now part of the Costco community!) I felt a bit overwhelmed shopping there, so many things-in bulk!
I know what your thinking, Jami this wouldn't describe an awful day....
just wait my friends....
So there I am jamming out to the radio on my way home.... and uh oh I miss my exit... not that big of deal right? So I think I'll just go down one and turn around, as I think this my car begins to sputter... sputtttter, sp ut tt tt ee rrrrr... and thats it! There I am pulled over on the side of the highway, flashers on, cars zooming by. I forgot to mention to you, the exit that I missed... yea it was the one for the gas station! (this is the first time that I have run out of gas since I was 19!) So I think, don't panic- call Jared. I stand on the side of the highway, trucks zooming by, dirty men cat calling, horns honking, and the heat sucking every bit of energy that I have right out of me. My hero of a husband leaves work, goes home, gets the gas bucket, brings me gas, and alas.... my car still doesn't start!
So here we are on the side of the highway, a cop blocking traffic behind us, and my car battery is DEAD! After trial and tribulations we finally get my car into neutral, the cop has to push my car (with his car) so that we can coast down the highway. We finally get into a parking lot and Jared is escorted back to his truck, in the backseat of the cop car.

You would think that a husband would get upset that he had to leave work early to bring his "dingy" wife gas (when she's right by a gas station) or having to jump start his wife's car in the 102 dg. heat. But no... instead he tells me that he doesn't need to preach, he is sure that I had learned my lesson. Now that isn't what makes him the best husband....
What makes him the best is this...







When I got home he had a single Yellow Rose awaiting me, he said it was because he knew that I had had a bad day and he thought that it might cheer me up!
Now tell me, would you argue with the statement that I have the best husband ever?
Thank you honey for all that you did today, your my hero- I love you!

1 comment:

  1. What a good man. I would say that you are one lucky girl, but I think that Jared is pretty lucky too... so glad that you had a hero to save you!

    And my goodness, it's been a while since I been on any blog... you two have been busy! Happy 4th Anniversary to you- it looks like it couldn't have been better. And you are lookin' SKINNY! What is your secret?

    ReplyDelete