Yesterday, when I picked our little “monkey” up from school the teacher informed me that our little guy had discovered how to crawl out of his crib!
-No kidding climbing out of his crib!
I wouldn’t have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes, our Connor, our not even 11 month old son climbing out of his crib! So what do you do when your almost 11 month old is climbing out of his crib? That is a great question…I called his pediatrician and asked her just that:
Dr. - “It’s time for a toddler bed”
Me - “But he isn’t even a year, won’t he just roll or crawl out of that?”
Dr.- “It’s really a safety issue at this point- he will crawl out but you just have to discipline him to stay in and you have to make sure to baby proof. You can put him in a play – pin as a temporary solution but I promise he will figure how to crawl out of that pretty soon as well”
So my dear friends my son will be getting a “big boy” bed here soon – too soon!
Because of his new trick he is no longer allowed to sleep in the crib at school, so they moved him into the next class up.
This brings us to our other story…
I got a call from daycare today –on his first day in his new class- they were calling me to inform me that Connor got bitten by another kid in his class! I know that this is common with all kids therefore I didn’t freak out or worry, but check out his “big boy” battle wound…


Apparently the little kid that bit him was being very territorial … the teacher said that Connor cried for a few seconds and was fine…what a “big boy” !
Oh my goodness! I can't believe he is already escaping his crib! And that is too cute about his "battle wound". lol. Poor Connor!
ReplyDeleteOwww!!! So glad you handled that little situation well; I think I would've been in tears!
ReplyDeleteConnor!!! Climbing out of the bed already? This little man is nothing but trouble!! Our transition to the big bed was not a lovely one. BUT- after a week of sadness and sleeplessness- I LOVE IT!! Kalli just plays in her room until she is ready to go to bed. And don't feel bad if they fall asleep on the floor, or with their fingers jammed under the door. It is heartbreaking... but everybody needs their sleep, right?
ReplyDeleteGood luck! And Connor- I'd hate to see what you did to the other guy. Give him a good ole' black eye for me, then give him some pink eye!!